10 Best Restaurants for Celebrating New Year's Eve
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
The last day of the year is arguably the occasion for the meal of the year. It’s a pivotal moment of reflecting on what’s behind us — new taste discoveries, the fading memory of both failed and successful dining trends — and it’s a time to anticipate the coming year's new culinary adventures and to plan for the future (maybe this is the year you’ll finally start that food blog or tackle an intimidating recipe from Modernist Cuisine). For some, it’s a last chance to throw caloric caution to the wind before embarking upon some shaky diet resolutions. In any case, when it comes to choosing a restaurant to ring in 2012, the pressures can be daunting.
Though many restaurants are sure to offer a special, albeit pricey, New Year’s Eve menu, not all can boast all the varied components that go into making an epic restaurant celebration. What are those things?
Sometimes it's a grand view, one that could be called “one of the greatest city views in the world," as at Top of the Hub in Boston, or one perched over painting-worthy landscapes, as at the Cliff House in San Francisco. Sometimes it's a wacky premise, like the Apocalypse-themed New Year's Eve menu at Vinegar Hill House in Brooklyn, N.Y.
After searching across the country for extravagant tasting menus, considering exquisite views, and evaluating chefs, food, cuisine, and place, The Daily Meal singled out 10 restaurants where you can still get reservations as the places that, if money were no option, rank as 2011's 10 Best Restaurants to Celebrate New Year's Eve.
Whether it's a menu, a view, or dishes that showcase the talent of America's best and brightest chefs, the 10 restaurants singled out in 2011's 10 Best Restaurants to Celebrate New Year's Eve are sure to set the scene for a special moment. Here’s a guide for having an amazing New Year’s Eve meal, one you’ll be talking about even 12 months down the line.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts