The Daily Meal's Best-Dressed Chefs
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
"Best-Dressed" usually describes celebrities on the red carpet, fashionistas, or the popular girl in high school, but it doesn't often precede the word "chef." Well, there are in fact a few culinary professionals out there who deserve to be noted for their chic sense of style. Cue The Daily Meal’s collection of the best-dressed chefs. This list includes those chefs who, sure, might bask in the spotlight from time to time, but are more or less found on the line their kitchens, chef coat-clad, furrow-browed, cooking up a storm — and somehow, they manage to do it all with style.
Though in past years chefs weren’t seen regularly strolling the red carpet, times have changed — these ladies and gents have become household names and have the opportunity to showcase their personal sense of fashion, sans the chefs’ whites, on a regular basis at events like the James Beard Awards, the Los Angeles Food & Wine Festival, and on television appearances.
Creating this list wasn’t an easy task — sure, this group can make a killer osso bucco, truffled anything, and in Christina Tosi’s case, crack pie, but can they pull off a thin-lapelled dinner tux or lace-up booties? After an intensive research process (who sees them without their chef whites?), here is The Daily Meal's en vogue culinary crew of 2012.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts