Best Canned Soup According to Grant Achatz
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
Sure, we've done our own version of the canned soup taste test (which was not fun, FYI), but it looks like Grant Achatz has a soft spot for minestrone. So of course he goes out to the supermarket to buy three brands and tries them all, recording it all on a iPhone video and declaring the winner to the ever-moving soundtrack of Luciano Pavarotti's "Nessun Dorma."
In this epic video (who knew soup could be so inspiring when paired with opera?) Achatz asks the viewer, "Who do you think is the better chef: Wolfgang Puck, Amy, or Elmo?" (Amy being Amy's Organics, and Elmo representing Earth's Best Organics). We root for Elmo, but in the end he chooses Wolfgang Puck after showing off his impressive can-opening skills and excellent soup flourishes.
Watch the entire video below, and wonder if this is what happens when you create an entirely vegan menu.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts