- Dave "Wendy's" Thomas born (1932)
Best Bread to Put a Burger On
NoPA Kitchen + BarWhat should you put your burger on?
NoPA Kitchen + Bar
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Happy Hump Day: Foods That Can Help You Smile Your Way Through the Mid-Week Blues
- 12 Recipes That Will Help You Stay Hydrated
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
We may be more than halfway through National Burger Month, but grilling season is just beginning, which we know means some serious backyard barbecues and competitive neighbors.
An easy way to get an edge when it comes to having the best burgers on the block? Having great meat is a given, but having great bread is second.
"The bun should really just be the envelope for the good news that ‘s coming," George Motz (of Burger Land, airing Monday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Travel Channel) says, quoting Bill Bartley of Mr. Bartley's.
We asked chefs around the country (all who make some pretty great burgers) what they prefer when they build their hamburger, pitting potato buns against brioche rolls and pretzels against sliced toast. Click through our slideshow to see what fits your style.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts