Best Bread to Put a Burger On
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We may be more than halfway through National Burger Month, but grilling season is just beginning, which we know means some serious backyard barbecues and competitive neighbors.
An easy way to get an edge when it comes to having the best burgers on the block? Having great meat is a given, but having great bread is second.
"The bun should really just be the envelope for the good news that ‘s coming," George Motz (of Burger Land, airing Monday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Travel Channel) says, quoting Bill Bartley of Mr. Bartley's.
We asked chefs around the country (all who make some pretty great burgers) what they prefer when they build their hamburger, pitting potato buns against brioche rolls and pretzels against sliced toast. Click through our slideshow to see what fits your style.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts