Benefits of Eating an Apple a Day
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Apples are the craze during the fall season. You have the classic red, Granny Smith, Gala, Golden, Fuji, and more. From the red to the golden yellow, the sight of an apple shows us fall has arrived. Take advantage of this fall fruit because there are some delicious and healthy benefits it has to offer.
Best Health Magazine and MSN have reported that the benefits of eating an apple a day is positive for your health. Apples are packed with vitamins, iron, calcium, and potassium, decreasing your chances of asthma, diabetes, and Parkinson’s.
The Daily Mail suggests you eat the peel of the apple as well. With regular exercise, it will help y increase muscle tone and slim your waistline. The peel has ursolic acid, which helps balance your cholesterol and blood sugar level. Other fruits that have this include cranberries and prunes.
Huffington Post also reported that apples are packed with fiber, which will help you lose weight. One apple only has about a hundred calories, all of which will keep you satisfied longer and away from those other unwanted calories.
Although apples are delicious plain, try dipping it in some peanut butter or pairing it with some light cheese.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts