Bathe in Beer at Beer Resort
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
We've all heard of bathing in milk before (and dreamt about bathing in champagne, although that would be a waste), but beer? Turns out, you can swim in beer, for $298 a pool.
Austrian brewery Starkenberg has built seven beer swimming pools in the recesses of their castle (or brew-castle, as Thrillist is calling it), allowing patrons to take a swim in yeasty water to potentially better their skin. Sounds like a frat house foam party to us.
Word is, the seven pools are heated and filled with 12,000 liters of water (with 200 liters of Biergeläger, remote yeast). "Rich in vitamins and calcium it is said that sitting in the beer is good for the skin, and helps cure open wounds and psoriasis," Atlas Obscura says. Luckily, $298 plus $6.50 for any additional swimmers will get you a pool for two hours, plus beer crackers, a "Tyrolean meat spread," and a bottle of beer, since drinking from the pool is "ill-advised."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts