Bathe in Beer at Beer Resort
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
We've all heard of bathing in milk before (and dreamt about bathing in champagne, although that would be a waste), but beer? Turns out, you can swim in beer, for $298 a pool.
Austrian brewery Starkenberg has built seven beer swimming pools in the recesses of their castle (or brew-castle, as Thrillist is calling it), allowing patrons to take a swim in yeasty water to potentially better their skin. Sounds like a frat house foam party to us.
Word is, the seven pools are heated and filled with 12,000 liters of water (with 200 liters of Biergeläger, remote yeast). "Rich in vitamins and calcium it is said that sitting in the beer is good for the skin, and helps cure open wounds and psoriasis," Atlas Obscura says. Luckily, $298 plus $6.50 for any additional swimmers will get you a pool for two hours, plus beer crackers, a "Tyrolean meat spread," and a bottle of beer, since drinking from the pool is "ill-advised."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts