Guide To Breakfasts Around the World
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Weekend at Gurney’s
From “smorgas” in Scandinavia to banh mi in Vietnam, everyone treats the most important meal of the day very differently. Where some nations dive into breakfast with abandon, others take just a brief moment to refuel in the morning and look (hungrily) forward to a larger second meal.
With the world getting ever smaller and travelers seeking out every last undiscovered corner, it is easy to forget that what you know and love for breakfast isn’t always available while abroad. Breakfasts around the world are getting muddled with growing options, like American cereals making their way into Eastern breakfast vernacular. When traveling, though, it’s always more fun to dive in to local cuisine even first thing in the morning.
A traditional breakfast for any given country can inspire a sense of national pride and home. Rather than just grabbing a quick espresso and a pastry as you head out the door, take the time to indulge in traditional or typical local breakfast.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts