A Bag Lunch Courtesy of Jay-Z
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
It's no secret that Jay-Z loves food (hence his seven-course wedding dinner featuring Popeyes fried chicken), and his personal chef, Mike Shand. Shand, a New Zealand native who's traveled with the rapper on the road during his tours, has taken over Jay-Z's 40/40 club in New York City. Despite Shand's leap to executive chef for 40/40, Shand recently shared his Jay-Z-approved "bag lunch" recipe that he makes for 40/40 with Businessweek. Let's just say, your co-workers won't believe you made this for a simple office lunch.
Check out Shand's recipe for tequila chicken with hot corn salsa — yum — on Businessweek; for more lunch bag inspiration, we suggest sandwiches. Try the balsamic chicken salad sandwich or a pulled turkey sandwich with barbecue sauce.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts