Bacon Restaurant Forced to Close Thanks to Smell
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Woman Ges Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
- How Do Restaurants Plan for Valentine’s Day?
Good news for bacon fans: Bacon Bacon, San Francisco's bacon-centric restaurant and food truck, might have closed its storefront, but its truck is still up and running. The fact that it just got a shout-out on Saturday Night Live's season finale can't hurt, either.
According to the International Business Times, Bacon Bacon, which was featured on that food show The United States of Bacon, was closed Friday after neighbors complained about the pork smell.
The bacon restaurant was accused of illegal grease dumping, as neighbors claimed that the dumping of grease into sewers was causing an unavoidable bacon-y smell.
The café was then closed Friday, although the food truck remains operating. And of course, support via social media has boomed, especially since the restaurant's shoutout from Amy Poehler on SNL's "Weekend Update." Head on over to Facebook to check out the wave of support, and watch Poehler's one-liner about Bacon Bacon below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts