'Bacon Boys' Getting Reality TV Show
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
We should've seen this coming. With all the ridiculous bacon products out there (including the Bacon Coffin), Deadline reports that LMNO (Leave My Name Off) Productions is working on a reality TV show with the guys behind J&D Foods.
If you recall, J&D Foods is the company behind Bacon Salt, the Bacon Coffin, Baconnaise, BaconPOP, Bacon Ranch, Bacon Gravy, Bacon Croutons, baconlube, and Bacon Lip Balm.
The show, still untitled, will follow "The Bacon Boys" Justin Esch and Dave Lefkow as they make everything taste like bacon.
"The 'Bacon Boys' are what reality buyers are asking for," LMNO CEO Eric Schotz told Variety. "Big characters, working in an interesting subculture who are completely authentic. These guys are all that, just wrapped in bacon… and who doesn't love bacon?"
As for the bacon boys themselves, they're pretty psyched. "In the great American tradition of making the ridiculous even more ridiculous-er, we at J&D’s Foods look forward to joining the ranks of Snooki, the Kardashians and [Flavor] Flav as America’s next great reality TV stars," Esch and Lefkow told Deadline.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts