- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
'Classy Bacon Coffin' Available for $2,999.95
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Oreo Releases a New Product, and It’s Not a Crazy Flavor: Introducing Oreo Thins
- Mysterious American Orders One Million Doughnuts From France
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
Sure, we thought our roundup of ridiculous bacon products was absurd enough, but somehow this one blows all of those products out of the water.
Seattle's J&D’s Foods has created a bacon coffin, made out of steel but painted with "bacon and pork shading and accented with gold stationary handles."
Marketed for "those who love bacon to death..." (yes, they went there), the coffin is now available for for $2,999.95 at baconcoffins.com. J&D's has called it "Classy. Bacon. Coffin" in its press release, an oxymoron if we have ever heard one, and the company is urging people to not be fooled "by low-end, low-quality burial caskets."
This is, of course, coming from the makers of Baconnaise, BaconPOP, Bacon Ranch™ Bacon Gravy, Bacon Croutons, baconlube, Bacon Lip Balm, Bacon Soda, and so much more. Next up, bacon urns?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts