Asparagus Rice Pilaf Recipe
Daily Value: 14%
Sugar-Conscious, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||116µg||29%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||11g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup fresh scallions, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, add the asparagus to an ovenproof pan (with enough room for the rice later) and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and mix in the cooked rice; bake for 6 more minutes until the rice is a bit crispy and the asparagus is nicely roasted.
Toss in the lemon juice and sesame oil and garnish with the fresh scallions.
Recipe DetailsServings: 2
Total time: 40 minutes