Asian Chicken Soup with Pea Soup
- bone-in chicken breast
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 Teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Teaspoon diced shallot
- 1 small clove garlic, diced
- 2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 Cup frozen peas
- 1 small handful rice noodles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Bone-in chicken is the best to make with soup because it adds a nice depth of flavor. This is an Asian version on a classic chicken and pea soup.
Click here to see more recipes on Cindy's Table.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the chicken breast on it. Coat the chicken with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake the chicken for 35 minutes. Remove, cool and shred.
In a small sauce pan, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté for 2 minutes. Next add the garlic and shredded cooked chicken, stir well. Add the coconut aminios, chicken broth, cubanelle pepper, lime juice, and peas, and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and lower to medium heat until the noodles are cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Right before serving, add the green onions.