Arzak Opening in London Halkin Hotel
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
San Sebastián, Spain, restaurant Arzak is getting a sister restaurant in London, as reports surface that legendary Spanish chef Juan Mari Arzak and his daughter Elena plan to open an Arzak affiliate at the Halkin Hotel in London.
Caterer Search reports that the new project, called Ametsa with Arzak Instruction, will replace the current Nahm restaurant in February, 2013. Nahm may close as early as Dec. 15.
Arzak, Elena, and chefs Mikel Sorazu, Igor Zalakain, and Xabier Gutierrez, all from the original Arzak, are all working on the project, under COMO Hotels and Resorts.
"Ametsa means ‘dream’ in our language. The dream of a kitchen beyond our frontiers, in the middle of London, in the heart of the Halkin Hotel," Elena told Caterer Search.
Arzak, known for excellent Basque cuisine, has three Michelin stars and falls at number eight on San Pellegrino's World's 50 Best Restaurants list. Elena Arzak was awarded Best Female Chef for 2012 by San Pellegrino.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts