Are These America’s Worst Restaurants?
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
Every year, we conduct a wide-reaching survey and announce the 101 Best Restaurants in America. These legendary establishments are renowned for exemplary service, world-class food, and a pristine level of cleanliness. But when it comes to restaurants, there’s a very wide spectrum, and far more restaurants are awful than good. We dug deep into the recesses of the culinary dustbin, and found 10 restaurants that very well might qualify to be the worst in the country.
Listen, we understand that countless hours of hard work, commitment, and dedication go into running a restaurant. We know that these establishments employ hard workers who generally just want to do a good job. But these restaurants just look like they’re not even trying any more. When you’ve racked up thousands upon thousands of dollars’ worth of fines for having mouse droppings all over your kitchen, when you serve food that makes customers sick, when you employ shady business practices, and when it looks like the microwave is used more often than the oven, you deserve to be called out for it.
Running a restaurant should be a source of pride. No restaurant owner should just be phoning it in. In order to track down what we believe to be America’s worst restaurants, we dug up the restaurants with not only the most consistently terrible reviews on the Internet, but ones that are also so consistently filthy that when they get cited for a lack of cleanliness it’s so severe that it makes the local news.
We know that every restaurant has its good days and its bad days. And even the worst restaurants will occasionally leave a customer satisfied, just like the best will occasionally leave a customer unsatisfied. So, not all of these restaurants have only one Yelp star. But when you begin to delve into these reviews, there’s an uglier, more menacing trend here. And when all is said and done, there’s the very real possibility that not only are these restaurants just bad, they’re the worst restaurants in America.
Click here to read about them all, but make sure that you’ve already eaten. This might just spoil your appetite.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts