Anthony Bourdain Reacts to Roast and More News
In today's Weekly Media Mix, Slim Jim revamps its brand, plus Complex launches a food vertical
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Chefs and Personalities
• Anthony Bourdain showed up on the TODAY show to discuss his roast last night at the New York City Wine & Food Festival. He's still not too fond of Paula Deen, apparently. [Eater]
• In a new marketing campaign, Slim Jim is trying to keep their customers as they age, basically saying the more Slim Jims you eat, the more manly you are. Uh huh. [NYT]
• Kellogg has recalled Mini-Wheats cereal after an issue with a manufacturing part was discovered, which may have caused metal fragments to mix with the cereal. [The Inquisitr]
• Complex launched a food site called First We Feast, with plenty of food porn, an analysis of the celebrity foodgasm, and Christina Tosi's career-making dishes. [First We Feast]
• New York Times released their Food and Drink issue. Read it from cover to cover. [NYT]
• Dan Barber explains why he is anti-foie gras ban and pro-meat eating: "It's a fallen world. We eat and sacrifice in the process." [AP]
• Estimates for soy bean production have increased, showing that the drought may not have affected crops as much as expected. [NYT]
• A restaurant accidentally served a 2-year-old whiskey instead of fruit juice on his birthday. Yikes. [BBC]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).