Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson to Host ABC Cooking Show
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
Looks like Anthony Bourdain isn't just heading to CNN; Eater uncovered an ABC casting call for a cooking show with Anthony Bourdain and Nigella Lawson, where the two will "pit America's most skilled cooks against one another in a show unlike any other."
Bourdain confirmed, "It's true. I will be hosting a competitive reality series for ABC. I'm particularly looking forward to working with Nigella — who's a friend from way back... More to come later." The show will be produced by Kinetic Content, also behind Betty White's Off Their Rockers and the History Channel's Harvest.
ABC is casting for the show now, with application instructions here. They're looking for "professional chefs, home cooks, and foodies from all walks of life" to work with the two food personalities. Perhaps we'll get some YouTube mashups of dirty talk between Bourdain and Lawson, given Lawson's affinity for choosing words too easily taken out of context.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts