- World Water Week begins
Anthony Bourdain Attacks Travel Channel Cadillac Ad
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Chat with Dallas Restaurateur Mark Moore
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- A Chat with Chef Brad Philips of Dallas’ Asador Restaurant
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
In what might be the final Anthony Bourdain vs. Travel Channel debacle, last night Bourdain rage tweeted a little rant about Cadillac's ad, which aired during his No Reservations finale. The problem? Cadillac used Bourdain's face and footage from the show to imply Bourdain endorsed their cars.
"F*cking Cadillac ," Bourdain tweeted. "Greedy venal #travelchannel ad sales motherf*ckers."
Other anti-corporation tweets included, "I do NOT drive a Cadillac. And now I never will. #travelchannel," plus dark jokes like, "Wow! I can fit TWO bodies in full rigor in the trunk if a #Cadillac ! Awesome! #travelchannel," and "When a #travelchannel exec runs over a hobo in a #Cadillac, I'm told they can barely tell! #goodsuspension."
GrubStreet has the full screengrabs of Bourdain's Twitter rant, but we imagine when wife Ottavia ended the finale viewing with, "That's a WRAP! Thanks for watching! See you on CNN b*tches!" the Bourdain family probably meant it. We'll see how Bourdain's anti-corporation spiel fares with CNN and ABC.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts