Anthony Bourdain Attacks Travel Channel Cadillac Ad
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
In what might be the final Anthony Bourdain vs. Travel Channel debacle, last night Bourdain rage tweeted a little rant about Cadillac's ad, which aired during his No Reservations finale. The problem? Cadillac used Bourdain's face and footage from the show to imply Bourdain endorsed their cars.
"F*cking Cadillac ," Bourdain tweeted. "Greedy venal #travelchannel ad sales motherf*ckers."
Other anti-corporation tweets included, "I do NOT drive a Cadillac. And now I never will. #travelchannel," plus dark jokes like, "Wow! I can fit TWO bodies in full rigor in the trunk if a #Cadillac ! Awesome! #travelchannel," and "When a #travelchannel exec runs over a hobo in a #Cadillac, I'm told they can barely tell! #goodsuspension."
GrubStreet has the full screengrabs of Bourdain's Twitter rant, but we imagine when wife Ottavia ended the finale viewing with, "That's a WRAP! Thanks for watching! See you on CNN b*tches!" the Bourdain family probably meant it. We'll see how Bourdain's anti-corporation spiel fares with CNN and ABC.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts