- Columbus Day
Anthony Bourdain Attacks Travel Channel Cadillac Ad
Recipe of the day
- Famed Hamptons Chef and Author Anna Pump Dies at 81
- Chef Harold Moore on the NYC Wine & Food Festival, His New Lincoln Center Restaurant
- Josh Capon on the NYC Wine & Food Festival, Judging the Burger Bash, and Topping His Burger
- Anne Burrell on What it Takes to Be a ‘Worst Cook in America’
- Nigella Lawson Says She Hates the Terms ‘Clean Eating’ and ‘Healthy Food’
In what might be the final Anthony Bourdain vs. Travel Channel debacle, last night Bourdain rage tweeted a little rant about Cadillac's ad, which aired during his No Reservations finale. The problem? Cadillac used Bourdain's face and footage from the show to imply Bourdain endorsed their cars.
"F*cking Cadillac ," Bourdain tweeted. "Greedy venal #travelchannel ad sales motherf*ckers."
Other anti-corporation tweets included, "I do NOT drive a Cadillac. And now I never will. #travelchannel," plus dark jokes like, "Wow! I can fit TWO bodies in full rigor in the trunk if a #Cadillac ! Awesome! #travelchannel," and "When a #travelchannel exec runs over a hobo in a #Cadillac, I'm told they can barely tell! #goodsuspension."
GrubStreet has the full screengrabs of Bourdain's Twitter rant, but we imagine when wife Ottavia ended the finale viewing with, "That's a WRAP! Thanks for watching! See you on CNN b*tches!" the Bourdain family probably meant it. We'll see how Bourdain's anti-corporation spiel fares with CNN and ABC.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts