- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
Another Reason to Have Strawberries and Champagne?
Recipe of the day
- Sonoma County’s Dry Creek Valley, Tons More than Zinfandel
- Hilarious Bottle of Wine Tells Teachers, ‘Our Child Might Be the Reason You Drink, So Enjoy This Bottle on Us’
- The Rise of Roussanne
- Inside Francis Ford Coppola’s Family-Friendly Sonoma Winery
- Legendary Rhône Winemaker Noël Verset Succumbs at 95
Research from Plos One indicates that strawberries can protect stomach lining that has been damaged by alcohol. The berries can also slow down the formation of ulcers and reduce the chances of other gastric illnesses.
This is great and everything, but unfortunately strawberries still don't help you get rid of hangovers (or even prevent you from getting wasted). So go ahead and pace yourself with those strawberries and champagne as you watch Pretty Woman.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts