Anne Burrell Engaged on New Year's
Recipe of the day
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
We're starting off the new year with a heartfelt congratulations to Food Network chef Anne Burrell, who got engaged on New Year's to chef Koren Grieveson, creating a chef power couple we wouldn't want to mess with.
The two chefs, who have been dating for a while, announced their engagement via Twitter, with Burrell tweeting, "Happy new year everyone! Happy and healthy! And I'm engaged!!!!!!!!"
Grieveson, who moved to New York in September to be with Burrell, is a James Beard Award-winning chef who formerly worked at Avec in Chicago. The two of them cooked at Charlie Trotter's farwell dinner last August.
Burrell publicly came out last May, after Ted Allen made a reference to her sexuality in a radio interview. Grieveson, in the meantime, has yet to announce what she'll be doing in New York after leaving Avec, but judging from her past experience, we're sure it's bound to be good.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts