Anne Burrell Engaged on New Year's
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
We're starting off the new year with a heartfelt congratulations to Food Network chef Anne Burrell, who got engaged on New Year's to chef Koren Grieveson, creating a chef power couple we wouldn't want to mess with.
The two chefs, who have been dating for a while, announced their engagement via Twitter, with Burrell tweeting, "Happy new year everyone! Happy and healthy! And I'm engaged!!!!!!!!"
Grieveson, who moved to New York in September to be with Burrell, is a James Beard Award-winning chef who formerly worked at Avec in Chicago. The two of them cooked at Charlie Trotter's farwell dinner last August.
Burrell publicly came out last May, after Ted Allen made a reference to her sexuality in a radio interview. Grieveson, in the meantime, has yet to announce what she'll be doing in New York after leaving Avec, but judging from her past experience, we're sure it's bound to be good.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts