Anne Burrell Engaged on New Year's
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
We're starting off the new year with a heartfelt congratulations to Food Network chef Anne Burrell, who got engaged on New Year's to chef Koren Grieveson, creating a chef power couple we wouldn't want to mess with.
The two chefs, who have been dating for a while, announced their engagement via Twitter, with Burrell tweeting, "Happy new year everyone! Happy and healthy! And I'm engaged!!!!!!!!"
Grieveson, who moved to New York in September to be with Burrell, is a James Beard Award-winning chef who formerly worked at Avec in Chicago. The two of them cooked at Charlie Trotter's farwell dinner last August.
Burrell publicly came out last May, after Ted Allen made a reference to her sexuality in a radio interview. Grieveson, in the meantime, has yet to announce what she'll be doing in New York after leaving Avec, but judging from her past experience, we're sure it's bound to be good.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts