- World Water Week begins
Anne Burrell Engaged on New Year's
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- A Chat with Dallas Restaurateur Mark Moore
- Michael Fassbender to Star in Marco Pierre White Movie
- A Chat with Chef Brad Philips of Dallas’ Asador Restaurant
- Sandwich King Jeff Mauro Is Opening His First Restaurant Ever in Chicago
- New Orleans’ Chefs Prove Hurricane Katrina was No Match for the City’s Enduring Spirit
We're starting off the new year with a heartfelt congratulations to Food Network chef Anne Burrell, who got engaged on New Year's to chef Koren Grieveson, creating a chef power couple we wouldn't want to mess with.
The two chefs, who have been dating for a while, announced their engagement via Twitter, with Burrell tweeting, "Happy new year everyone! Happy and healthy! And I'm engaged!!!!!!!!"
Grieveson, who moved to New York in September to be with Burrell, is a James Beard Award-winning chef who formerly worked at Avec in Chicago. The two of them cooked at Charlie Trotter's farwell dinner last August.
Burrell publicly came out last May, after Ted Allen made a reference to her sexuality in a radio interview. Grieveson, in the meantime, has yet to announce what she'll be doing in New York after leaving Avec, but judging from her past experience, we're sure it's bound to be good.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts