Andrew Zimmern Rolls Out a Food Truck
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Andrew Zimmern has chowed down on everything from shark meat in Iceland to fried sparrows in Vietnam, but he is offering up some outlandish dishes on the road. While serving up beef tongue "Philly" cheesesteak sliders at the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival this weekend, Zimmern gave The Daily Meal the inside scoop on his new food truck venture.
Read More: The Coolest Food Trucks Ever
Hitting the road in August, Zimmern will be travelling from city to city on his new food truck, which he has yet to announce the name for. Starting in Minneapolis, he will be serving goat sausage, beef tongue sliders, and goat burgers. He will also be offering a few other surprise dishes while on tour.
Although Zimmern is starting a food truck, his adventurous palate will continue to star on another season of Bizarre Foods.
"I never want to stop doing Bizarre Foods," he shared. "There are many places to find bizarre foods; we just haven’t found them yet."
The schedule for the food truck has not been released yet, but there will be plenty of places to get a taste of "Zimmern-style" foods.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts