- Alton Brown born (1962)
Andrew Zimmern Rolls Out a Food Truck
Recipe of the day
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
- George Foreman Now Has His Own Online Butcher Shop
- Former White House Chef, Nutrition Advisor Sam Kass Appointed NBC News Senior Food Analyst
Andrew Zimmern has chowed down on everything from shark meat in Iceland to fried sparrows in Vietnam, but he is offering up some outlandish dishes on the road. While serving up beef tongue "Philly" cheesesteak sliders at the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival this weekend, Zimmern gave The Daily Meal the inside scoop on his new food truck venture.
Read More: The Coolest Food Trucks Ever
Hitting the road in August, Zimmern will be travelling from city to city on his new food truck, which he has yet to announce the name for. Starting in Minneapolis, he will be serving goat sausage, beef tongue sliders, and goat burgers. He will also be offering a few other surprise dishes while on tour.
Although Zimmern is starting a food truck, his adventurous palate will continue to star on another season of Bizarre Foods.
"I never want to stop doing Bizarre Foods," he shared. "There are many places to find bizarre foods; we just haven’t found them yet."
The schedule for the food truck has not been released yet, but there will be plenty of places to get a taste of "Zimmern-style" foods.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts