America’s Coolest Restaurants
Recipe of the day
- Americans Are Obsessed with Pop-Up Restaurants, Study Confirms
- An Ex-CFO Is Now on Food Stamps After Chick-fil-A Rant Video Went Viral
- The 15 Biggest Failed Restaurant Chains
- McDonald’s Finally Announces Plans to Test All-Day Breakfast, Beginning in April
- José Andrés Opens a Fast-Casual Restaurant on a Lucky College Campus
The brutal summer heat can drive some people to stay inside, for fear of getting drenched with sweat within minutes of stepping outdoors. So to make things easier and much more comfortable, some restaurants take it upon themselves to help their customers beat the heat.
Many eateries offer beautiful outdoor patios, but when the temperature starts to skyrocket the thought of dining alfresco can be extremely unappealing. The restaurants on this list have come up with some inventive ways for their customers to cool down. Mr. An’s Teppan Steak & Sushi in Tucson, Ariz., cools diners off with its refreshing and soothing mister system, which offers guests a light mist of water as they dine on the restaurant’s outdoor patio, and Smithfield’s in Ashland, Ore., takes things a step further by offering a 30-foot slip and slide to overheated customers.
Whether you’d prefer to dine in a climate-controlled patio or cool-off with a booze-filled ice pop (offered only on days when the temperature climbs above 100 degrees), these weather-conscious restaurants are there to help.
Do you know of a restaurant dedicated to cooling down its customers? Leave a comment below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts