Alinea, Eleven Madison Park Definitely Switching Places
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
We so called it: The super mysterious project collaboration with New York's Eleven Madison Park and Chicago's Alinea is a pop-up switcheroo, the Chicago Tribune reports.
Just like the promo video hinted, the two restaurants will swap spaces, kitchens, dining rooms, and chefs, opening limited-time pop-up restaurants in each other's restaurants.
Alinea staff, including Grant Achatz himself, will be taking over EMP starting Sept. 26 for five nights, while EMP will invade Alinea starting Oct. 10 for five nights.
Tickets will reportedly go on sale via Facebook in the upcoming weeks, with prices reportedly at $495 a plate. And it looks like Achatz has got something to prove.
"I can't tell you how many chefs have said to me, 'Yeah, you're a big fish in a small pond. The only reason you're so popular is because you're in the Midwest.’ In a way, we're amped up," Achatz told the Tribune. "I want to introduce Alinea food to the jaded New Yorker. We're going to show New Yorkers what Chicago food is all about."
Since Alinea's New York stint starts first, three days before Sept. 26 Grant Achatz and chef de cuisine Matt Chasseur will fly a team to New York and give EMP staff a crash course of Alinea's cooking style. Similarly, EMP's Daniel Humm and Will Guidara will arrive three days before Oct. 10 to school Alinea's staff.
Meanwhile, both restaurants will continue running as normal in their own cities, meaning Alinea will be in New York and Chicago at the same time, while EMP disappears from Sept. 26 to 30. EMP will then pop up in Chicago and New York, while Alinea disappears, for the EMP stint. Let the Facebook stalking begin.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts