- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Adam Richman Hosts First-Ever World Food Championships in Las Vegas
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Burt Shavitz, Roadside Honey-Seller and Face of Burt’s Bees, Dies at 80 Years Old
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Wolfgang Puck
- 6 Surprising Food Facts About America’s Founding Fathers
- Chef Josh Berry on UNION, His New Portland, Maine, Eatery
- 5 Questions with Brian Landry of Borgne and Matt McCallister of FT33
This November, chefs will compete in seven categories — including chili, barbecue, and sandwiches — to battle it out for $250,000. The Final Table face-off will include host Adam Richman (of Travel Channel’s Man v. Food series) and other celebrity judges to declare the winners in a live TV special, according to a press release. That includes a World Champion’s Challenge and a World Chef challenge, where 50 chefs from across the globe will compete to have their best dishes judged for a $50,000 grand prize. (No word yet on who will be competing). There’s also a VIP barbecue and bourbon bash, plus a VIP burger and bubbly bash (yum). And, of course, there will be plenty of taste-tests for guests.
"In a day and age when there are so many culinary competitions — ranging from contests of taste to those of technique — The World Food Championships will be the ultimate food competition," said Richman in the release. "It will be the biggest stage in the cooking competition world, where every beloved food from around the globe and everyone from professionals to amateur enthusiasts can come to take their shot at the title and prove that they have what it takes to be the best."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts