Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri Host Celebrity Cook-Off
Recipe of the day
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
Food Network stars Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri are hosting a new Celebrity Apprentice-like cooking show which puts eight (mostly) throwback celebs in one kitchen. The show is called Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off, and it premieres January 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Lucky contestants include 90's pop stars Aaron Carter (who is now sporting a goatee) and Joey Fatone (still sporting his goatee), as well as Coolio, Cheech Marin, and Miss USA 2011 Alyssa Campanella.
Ray and Fieri will coach the budding chefs, who are "divided into ‘Team Rachael’ and ‘Team Guy,' [and] each episode features celebrity contestants battling it out in a fun, fast-paced culinary fight-to-the-finish," according to a press release. The winner gets $50,000 for the charity of their choice.
We're expecting a couple of tantrums and cut fingers, since the trailer features some contestants falling to the floor. Also notable: Coolio claims he's "the ghetto gourmet, baby," Joey Fatone says, "Dessertalicious," and for some odd reason there's a piñata.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts