New York Man Finds Rat in 96th Birthday Cake
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
Joe Valente was celebrating his 96th birthday with his favorite cake when he got a seriously nasty surprise. The treat he was eating turned out to have been laced with rat parts.
“He’s had all their cake. He loves their cake. It has to be King Kullen,” said the man’s nephew.
But Uncle Joe will probably settle for a different kind of treat next year, because as soon as he took a bite of his cake he complained that it didn’t taste right. Further investigation turned up the severed tail of a rat baked into the bottom of the cake.
How the tail got into the cake is still a mystery. It could have been an accident, but Uncle Joe and his lawyer say otherwise.
“I personally am of the opinion that this cake was tampered with,” said family attorney Ed Yule.
Why someone would want to drop a rat tail into an old man’s 96th birthday cake nobody knows, but King Kullen says the bakery the cake came from has undergone a thorough cleaning and inspection.
“There are no known safety or rodent issues in this bakery,” the company said.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts