9 Mouthwatering Rib Recipes
We get four barbecue masters to weigh in on what makes each barbecue region unique
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Oh yeah, check out the glaze on that one. It's finger-lickin' good. And what about the juicy, tender meat on that one? To die for. We're talking about ribs here, the staple of any backyard summer barbecue worth remembering.
Sure, burgers and hot dogs are great, and we have nothing against folks who just want to throw a quick, casual afternoon party on the weekend; burgers and franks are great for that. And there's certainly an art and technique to them.
But if you really want to impress the neighbors, you have to have some ribs. There's a primal appeal to eating meat straight off the bone, and a perfectly cooked rack of ribs certainly satisfies that craving. Sure, it's a lot of work. And sure, it can get pretty pricey. But it's worth every minute and every penny.
Since you'll be spending some cash to impress, we made sure to pull together some real showstoppers. Here are a few highlights:
- Adam Rapoport, editor-in-chief of Bon Appétit magazine and author of The Grilling Book, throws down the gauntlet with his Best-Ever Barbecued Ribs Recipe.
- Looking for something a little different? Don't miss out on these fantastic Beef Ribs with Sorghum Glaze from All Fired Up by the editors of Southern Living.
- The title's a mouthful, but ribs with this much flavor going on have to make an entrance. Ardie A. Davis and Paul Kirk, authors of America's Best BBQ Homestyle bring you Hector Rivera's Charcoalholics Spicy Coconut and Rum Ribs. Rivera is a serious contender in barbecue circles, and is best known for his performance in Food Network's BBQ Sauce Championship Cook-Off.
So what are you waiting for? Fire up that cooker and get ready to tell the neighbors, "Hey, check out these racks."
Will Budiaman is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts