9 Last-Minute 4th of July Barbecue Recipes
Today on The Daily Meal
- People Actually Built These Amazing Gingerbread Houses
- How To Host The Perfect Gingerbread House Competition
- Amazon Offers Easy Way To Donate While Finding The Best Cyber Monday Deal
- 6 Interesting Facts about Anthony Bourdain
- Major Fast-Food Workers’ Wage Strike Across 150 US Cities Planned for December 4
Prepping a menu for any party can be exhausting and sometimes last-minute. But luckily, the 4th of July has a few standard items, like barbecued kabobs and grilled chicken, that you can whip up in a hurry. There are plenty of other last-minute recipes that you can have sizzling on the grill just in time for the fireworks.
We've rounded up a few of our favorite last- minute barbecue recipes and, we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with barbecue recipes, and here are some of the highlights:
- Theresa from Food Hunter’s Guide shared with us her recipe for a tangy barbecue sauce. It is perfect to smother over chicken, ribs, or pork.
- Bernadette Martin from Rants from My Crazy Kitchen shared with us her recipe for broccoli and Cheddar pasta salad, which is the perfect side for any outdoor barbecue.
- The winner this week is Lori Yates from Foxes Love Lemons and her recipe for spicy bacon-wrapped hot dogs with a fresh salsa on top for some crunch and texture. These sound like the perfect indulgence for the long weekend.
So, if you’re in a hurry at the last minute this weekend, try out some of these recipes and enjoy the 4th of July the right way — hassle-free and with a delicious barbecue spread!
Miso-Glazed Zucchini Recipe
Try grilling something unexpected this holiday with these miso-glazed zucchini spears.
Basic Vinegar Barbecue Sauce Recipe
This basic sauce can be used for a variety of meats for your barbecue menu.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts