- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
8 Ingenious Ways to Use a Cookie Cutter
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- If You Eat and Drink These 10 Things, You're a Basic White Girl (No, You Are, Really)
- How Many Calories Are at Your Summer BBQ?
- Kids Try Dark Chocolate for the First Time, Absolutely Hate It
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
Sure, making cookies with cookie cutters amps up the fun on your baking days. But did you know that there are tons of creative and fun ways to use them both in the kitchen and in the playroom? Suddenly your dinosaur cookie cutter can become your kid’s favorite action figure, or a great stencil for class.And don’t think that you can’t use them around the house: cookie cutters can become chic napkin rings and can make your pies really pop!
These nifty little baking tools can totally make for some fun DIY crafts and unique decor options around the house. Just take a look at these really cute ideas.
1. Cut fruit into unique shapes.
2. Make sandwiches more fun.
3. Give them to your kids as stencils for art projects.
4. Use them as holiday décor.
5. Use for storage.
6. Try making fun Jell-O molds with them.
7. Forget the lattice design. Use cookie cutters to decorate a pie.
8. Make them into great jewelry for little kids or yourself.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts