9 Chefs Reveal Their Dream Trips
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
We all have one — an ultimate dream trip. If you could drop everything (except a big bag of money) and head to the airport, where would you go? Money is no object, nor is time off from work or school. Whether it’s waking up at a winery in Italy or navigating the bustling streets of Tokyo, one man’s dream trip could be another man’s headache. There are no compromises here, no travel restrictions, and definitely no pesky visa issues.
When our chefs proverbially closed their eyes and pictured a dream holiday, some saw cooking in far-off regions and some saw a beach with only remote access. Most of their trips found them eating their way through areas both familiar and strange and still others dreamt of a “working” holiday, collaborating with friends in another country’s food scene.
L.A.-based chef Neal Fraser would spend time cooking in Spain before eating in Copenhagen, while chef Angelo Sosa would learn the secrets of Mexican cooking in Oaxaca. Chef Jonathan Waxman would pack his bags for a wine-soaked tour of Auckland and Hawkes Bay — with some fishing and relaxing mixed in. Reading their dream trips inspired wanderlust, daydreams, and perhaps even a new dream trip or two.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts