9 Foods That Always Get Stuck In Your Braces
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
No matter if you are the captain of the dance team or the president of the AV club, if you are or were an American teenager, it is likely that you’ve had to suffer from the plight of having braces. After all, according to the Pennsylvania Dental Association approximately four million people in the United States are wearing braces at any one time. And in truth, braces-wearing adults are becoming even more popular as the quest for a perfect, healthy smile continues. While braces are undoubtedly a worthwhile investment, there is one hugely negative downside: trying to enjoy food with braces.
Fairly restrictive and even sometimes painful, braces do not make eating a fun experience. First off there are a ton of things people with braces are not supposed to eat. Then the things that you can eat, or at least attempt to eat carefully, have this horrid habit of getting caught in your braces.
Gone are the days where you can freshen your breath with gum without having to spend hours detangling the sticky stuff from your teeth. For a few years you say goodbye to the joy of biting into bread without the dough sticking to your mouth and walking around without the fear of the remnants of your everything bagel showcasing themselves on your pearly whites. When you wear braces, there are just some foods that you can’t avoid incident with.
To commiserate with your fellow current or former brace-faces, click through our slideshow to find out which foods caused the most grief.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts