8 Easy Vegetarian Recipes
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Sure, cooking during the hot summer months usually involves slathering barbecue sauce over a rack of grilled ribs. But sometimes, in the heat, we crave light vegetarian dishes that fill us up without being too heavy. From crisp and fresh salads to lighter-than-air bean burgers, summer's produce can be put to delicious use — and these recipes prove it!
With so many easy vegetarian recipes, we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing With A Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with vegetarian recipes, and here are some of the highlights:
- Peter Block of Feed Your Soul Too shared with us his recipe for an easy red pepper hummus roll- up that not only is full of bright flavors, but can be a healthy snack or meal.
- Theresa from Food Hunter’s Guide shared with us her recipe for eggplant patties. These are great sandwiched between two burger buns or eaten on a bed of fresh greens.
- The winner this week is Lauren Gordon, the Entertain editor at The Daily Meal. Lauren’s recipe for grilled pizza proves that pizza can be not only delicious and cheesy, but healthy to boot!
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad with Goat Cheese Vinaigrette Recipe
Loaded with fresh roasted vegetables and creamy cheese, this is the perfect side dish for summer.
Kale, Grape, and Blue Cheese Flatbread Recipe
A kale pesto takes this flatbread to a new level. Plus the creamy blue cheese and juicy grapes are fresh and tangy topping choices.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts