8 Adorable Egg Cups for Spring
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
We’re kind of crazy about eggs here at The Daily Meal. Everyone has their way of eating the breakfast favorite. While some prefer sunny side up, others are keen on over easy, scrambled, or hard boiled.
For those of you who are bananas for soft-boiled eggs—aka eggs and soldiers—you know the value of an egg cup. What’s an egg cup? Otherwise known as an egg server, it’s simply a nice little nest for a soft boiled egg so you can eat it with a spoon or dip toast into it.
They’re very popular in the collectible department. They can be made of porcelain, ceramic, glass, wood, plastic, melamine, etc. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and often are characterized and decorated.[slideshow:
Supposedly, the conclave cup dates back to prehistoric 18th century BC according to archeological finds.
With spring just a few days away and Easter around the corner, we’ve found the cutest and incredibly festive egg cups—since they’re all over the place, stocking housewares store shelves just in time for the season.
If you’re not into soft boiled eggs, use the cup to decorate Easter eggs with the kids or for a variety of other reasons—like a ring dish or a change holder.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts