- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
7 Tips for Camping Meals
Recipe of the day
- How to Eat Off the Grid When the Apocalypse Comes
- Love Chocolate? Love Craft Beer? Book a Flight to Portland Immediately For These Delicious Treats
- Dos and Don’ts for Tea Around the World
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Bring on Your International Flight
- A Georgia Classic: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
When it comes to camping, food can either be one of the most enjoyable or most terrifying aspects of your trip.
Many people find cooking outdoors without the distractions of electronics, other people, or everyday obligations appealing, while others dread making do without their fridges, cooking over an open fire, or coming back to find their hot dogs being eaten by a hungry bear.
For those who are dissuaded from embarking on camping trips because they question their ability to survive without modern convenience, not to fear. Although it may not be as easy as cooking with your high-tech appliances at home, preparing delicious meals while camping is far from impossible. In fact, you might even find that some food tastes better when it’s prepared outdoors.
Simple tips like using frozen canned items as makeshift coolers and pre-portioning meals before you leave will help you pack and eat well, even if you’re living in a tent. Check out our slideshow for some tips on how to stay practical but satisfied on camping trips.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts