7 Delicious Desserts with Less Than 300 Calories per Serving
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Dessert is one of the hardest things to cut out of the daily routine when going on a diet. So if you absolutely must indulge, indulge in moderation. We turned to our most trusted cookbook authors and bloggers for some easy dessert recipes that don't break 300 calories per serving.
We know what you're thinking — great, so I'll be eating cupcakes made out of sawdust and ice cream that doesn't even live up to the name. Or I'll have to eat mouse-sized portions and leave the dinner table feeling unsatisfied. Not this time, though. Here are some highlights:
- Elana Amsterdam's Paleo Coconut Macaroons are a hot item, and it's no wonder — Paleo recipes are all the rage right now.
- Marlene Koch, author of the Eat What You Love and Eat More of What You Love cookbooks, shared with us some Raspberry Oat Bars that are a perfect post-prandial treat.
- And Sam Talbot, a type-1 diabetic and author of the cookbook The Sweet Life, wants you to try his Frozen Coconut Yogurt with Cinnamon Recipe, which sneaks in at just 282 calories per serving.
There you have it. Maybe it's still OK to have dessert.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts