50 Unsuspected Uses for Coconut Oil
Let’s be clear about one thing: coconut oil is magic
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
In case you’re new to this phenomenon, coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, anti-viral, infection-fighting, an antioxidant and more. The list goes on and on. So let’s be clear about one thing: coconut oil is magic. It’s a liquid when heated up and turns solid at room temp. It has strange magical powers that will make your life better in almost every way. Check out the following list of 50 ways it can be used, and try telling us this doesn’t sound a little supernatural.
- Make your own ice cream. (Blend together 3 frozen bananas, a handful of nuts, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and an ice cube or two)
- Dab it on pimples to make them disappear. Sounds wrong, but it’s so right.
- Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream, and you won’t have to moisturize afterwards.
- Perfect for stir-fries and sautéing vegetables because of its high smoke point.
- Use it as an eye makeup remover.
- Lather onto your skin for a long-lasting moisturizer.
- Rub a tiny bit on your hands and then into your hair to eliminate frizz and flyaways.
- For a deep condition, massage into dry hair and let sit for 30 minutes before showering.
- In the dead of winter, dab on your lips for a natural lip balm.
- Lather on face for an intensive nighttime moisturizer.
- Grease pans with coconut oil instead of butter or cooking spray.
- Put some on the bottoms of your feet to fight fungus or athletes foot.
- Drop a tablespoon into hot tea to alleviate cold and flu symptoms.
- Hey, it can even be used as a sexual lubricant.
- Spread on toast instead of butter.
- Lather on your body to use as a great natural tanning oil.
- Chocolate truffles.
- Add a spoonful to your coffee for an even stronger energy boost.
- Rub into scalp to stimulate hair growth and to eliminate dandruff.
- Dab on skin to to soothe chicken pox, poison ivy and eczema.
- Rub in armpits for a natural deodorant.
- Treat ear infections by placing a drop or two of liquified coconut oil into your ear.
- Add to baking soda for a naturally whitening toothpaste.
- Consume regularly to boost healthy thryoid function.
- Deep-frying something tasty? Choose coconut oil.
Click here to see 25 more uses for coconut oil.
Do you use it in another way? Post below.
More good stuff from Spoon University here:
- 12 ways to eat cookie butter
- Ultimate Chipotle menu hacks
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A sandwich recipe
- The easiest 2 ingredient drink recipes, ever
- 24 must-visit Chicago restaurants from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Interested in learning more? Check out the 50 Latest Coconut Oil Benefits Backed by Science.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts