5 Ways Avocados Can Make You Prettier
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Whenever we think about a "girls' night," there is a certain image that comes to mind. We tend to have visions of women clutching glasses of pinot grigio on the couch, toes prepping for pedicures, all while allowing a gooey green mask to harden on their face. Many ladies have a love of self-pampering, but too few know that there are things in their kitchen that they can use (and eat!) to get that natural, glamorous glow.
One of the most versatile ways to get a better look is none other than the avocado. This green superfood is meant for more than a few good bowls of guacamole. Avocados are packed with nutrients, with nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, and include a high percentage of the daily value for many of them. Aside from giving us a ton of healthy, fortifying goods to keep us on the right dietary track, avocados can be eaten and used as a part of your daily routine to revitalize your look.
While the image of the woman with a green mask in her bathrobe is the most familiar way we are used to seeing avocados used for beauty, did you know that avocados can also improve your hair and nails? We can show you at least five different ways avocados can improve your look and do double-duty as a beauty agent. Click through our slideshow to learn how!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts