- World Water Week begins
5 Undefeated Eating Challenges
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- WATCH: Robot Cooks Pancakes by Following WikiHow Instructions
- National Park Considers Banning Food Following Slew of Bear Sightings
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
For many people, the words "eating challenge" evoke the iconic scene in the movie The Great Outdoors, when John Candy tackles "The Old 96er" to the chagrin of his digestive tract. More recently, the Travel Channel's Man v. Food show has popularized eating challenges, which have increasingly become a strategy for restaurants across the country to make a name for themselves, draw in new customers, and simply have fun.
For those testing their fortitude through eating challenges, clearing a plate of outrageously large or spicy meals will often win them a T-shirt, their photo on the wall, and dinner on the house. There are some challenges, however, that push the limits of consumption and no individual has yet to cross the proverbial finish line.
So, which eating challenges remain undefeated? See the full slideshow. — Paul Toscano, CNBC.com
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts