5 Undefeated Eating Challenges
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
For many people, the words "eating challenge" evoke the iconic scene in the movie The Great Outdoors, when John Candy tackles "The Old 96er" to the chagrin of his digestive tract. More recently, the Travel Channel's Man v. Food show has popularized eating challenges, which have increasingly become a strategy for restaurants across the country to make a name for themselves, draw in new customers, and simply have fun.
For those testing their fortitude through eating challenges, clearing a plate of outrageously large or spicy meals will often win them a T-shirt, their photo on the wall, and dinner on the house. There are some challenges, however, that push the limits of consumption and no individual has yet to cross the proverbial finish line.
So, which eating challenges remain undefeated? See the full slideshow. — Paul Toscano, CNBC.com
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts