Oh, the peach — juicy, sweet, and practically a delicious symbol of summer. Yet this adored and succulent fruit is more versatile than you may think. The next time you stroll through the farmers' market (or produce aisle) past the ripe peaches, don’t limit its potential by using it only as a midday snack to munch on. Instead, see it as a perfect sauce-flavoring component, a sweet salsa add-in, or a cocktail flavor burst.
Here are five different ways to add some peachy sweetness into your party menu, sure to please the palates of you and your guests to summer’s end.
1. Barbecue Sauce: Sorry ketchup and Worcestershire, BBQ sauce has another component — peaches. Try our amazing Peach Love BBQ Sauce Recipe.
2. Sweet Cocktail: Enhance your summer drink with peaches, such as with our White Peach Sangria Recipe.
3. A Spin on Salsa: You may never go back to basic salsa after you try this recipe of Grilled Honey Pork Chops with Peach Salsa.
4. Goodbye Strawberry Shortcake: Take a break from basic desserts and try this insanely delicious Kentucky Bourbon Peach Shortcake Recipe.
5. Perfect Appetizer Popper: Whet your guests' appetites as they arrive with these Grilled Peaches with Mint and Goat Cheese. It's a perfect light starter for your party.