30 Cockroaches in McDonald's and More News
In today's Weekly Media Mix, craft beer gets its moment, plus another E. coli outbreak
Today on The Daily Meal
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
• Pennsylvania school workers won the "right" to eat expired food at their own risk, although they still have to pay for it. [AP]
• An E. Coli outbreak in six states has been related to 14 illnesses and the death of a child. No specific contaminated food or restaurants are being cited with the outbreak. [HuffPo]
• Bowfin caviar is hitting the menus at top-notch restaurants, even without a prestigious pedigree. [New York Times]
• Almost 30 dead cockroaches were found during a health inspection at a Tampa, Fla. McDonald’s after a complaint was filed about the cleanliness of the fast food restaurant. No, we don’t want fries with that. [WTSP]
• With the craft beer business being at its all-time high since the 1800’s, some small town brewers are planning to expand. [NPR]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).