27 Iconic Street Foods Every World Traveler Must Try
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
While many travelers make it a priority to book a table at Michelin-starred restaurants around the world, some of the best food — street food — can be had for a fraction of the cost, in the most unlikely of places.
From stainless steel push carts and dubious-looking night market stalls to kiosks and the backs of bicycles, street food is ubiquitous around the world.
From the familiar New York City hot dog and Belgian pomme frites to the venerated Vietnamese bánh mì and lesser-known Taiwanese stinky tofu, street food comes in a palette of palate-pleasing dishes, from savory, deep-fried munchies like Amsterdam’s kroket to sweet treats like a Breton crêpe.
The Daily Meal has canvassed the globe, eating everything from crowd-pleasing gelato to a fear-inducing but oh-so-amazing spleen sandwich, to curate its list of 27 favorite street foods sure to provide any traveler, from the novice to the pro, with a memorable moveable feast.
Nikki Maniscalco is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts