Somebody Paid $9,995 for a Gallon of Expired McJordan Sauce
Recipe of the day
- You Can Now Buy a Ben & Jerry’s Burrito and All Is Right with the World
- Endangered Species Fair Trade, Vegan Chocolate Releases Chocolate Spreads
- Kind Bars Don’t Deserve ‘Healthy’ Label, FDA Says
- The New Jelly Belly Jelly Bean Flavor Makes Us Crave Breakfast
- You Can Now Get Auntie Anne’s Pretzels in Your Grocery Store
Bank, a former Mickey D's franchise owner, reports that an unknown Chicagoan bought the McJordan sauce at the "Buy It Now" price. Apparently there was enough interest that if the jug had gone to auction, the price would have skyrocketed.
"There was a lot of interest," Bank told the New York Daily News. "Despite Michael Jordan’s popularity, the sandwich wasn’t a national promotion."
This is the most expensive item Bank has sold through eBay, with a McDonald's statue coming in second place, selling for a few thousand dollars.
In the meantime, New York Daily News speculates that Jordan himself bought the 20-year-old sauce, while we think it's just somebody with a lot of money to spend and a lot of memorabilia in their house. We wonder if McDonald's will bring the sandwich back now, just for kicks.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts