Somebody Paid $9,995 for a Gallon of Expired McJordan Sauce
Recipe of the day
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
Bank, a former Mickey D's franchise owner, reports that an unknown Chicagoan bought the McJordan sauce at the "Buy It Now" price. Apparently there was enough interest that if the jug had gone to auction, the price would have skyrocketed.
"There was a lot of interest," Bank told the New York Daily News. "Despite Michael Jordan’s popularity, the sandwich wasn’t a national promotion."
This is the most expensive item Bank has sold through eBay, with a McDonald's statue coming in second place, selling for a few thousand dollars.
In the meantime, New York Daily News speculates that Jordan himself bought the 20-year-old sauce, while we think it's just somebody with a lot of money to spend and a lot of memorabilia in their house. We wonder if McDonald's will bring the sandwich back now, just for kicks.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts