15 Ridiculous Wine Labels
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Just as a great cocktail name can have real selling power, so too a clever wine label. These days, the more traditional label landscape -- images of sweeping vineyards and etchings of far-away French châteaus -- has been infiltrated with amusing cartoon illustrations and witty plays-on-words.
It speaks to this notion that wine doesn't have to have this super-serious, members-only attitude. A sentiment reflected in the philosophy of some wine experts, like WineChap.com's Talia Baiocchi, who prefers to use "supernatural words and mythical beasts" to describe wine.
From the smart pun to the laugh-out-loud silly, these light-hearted labels offer a good laugh, as well as a good glass.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts