15 Ridiculous Wine Labels
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Just as a great cocktail name can have real selling power, so too a clever wine label. These days, the more traditional label landscape -- images of sweeping vineyards and etchings of far-away French châteaus -- has been infiltrated with amusing cartoon illustrations and witty plays-on-words.
It speaks to this notion that wine doesn't have to have this super-serious, members-only attitude. A sentiment reflected in the philosophy of some wine experts, like WineChap.com's Talia Baiocchi, who prefers to use "supernatural words and mythical beasts" to describe wine.
From the smart pun to the laugh-out-loud silly, these light-hearted labels offer a good laugh, as well as a good glass.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts