15 Food Jingles You’ll Never Forget
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
- Missing Your Banned British Chocolate? Now You Can Order it Online
- Hershey’s Chocolate Is Going All-Natural and Mostly GMO-Free
What's the quickest way to get consumers to remember a product? Write an unforgettable jingle. It's no secret that putting words to a melody is a tried-and-true way to remember something (teachers have been using this method for years). But some food jingles become so ingrained, in fact, that they become pop-culture icons.
Undoubtedly, hearing the words "Gimme a break" in that familiar tone will cause someone in the vicinity to follow with, "Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar." It's a classic example of a food jingle doing its job — making people remember the product.
Some of the catchiest food jingles in history remained ultra-popular for a few years and then were retired (like the classic tune of Nestlé's Quik, "N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestlé's makes the very best"), while others continue to be heard in every commercial for that product (like the Folgers jingle, "The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup"). Others still have made brief comebacks (like the Big Red jingle, guaranteed "long lasting freshness with Big Red").
Whether they're sung in doo-wop-style or to a humming Calypso beat, these iconic food jingles are the ones that stand the test of time, and are impossible to forget from the moment you hear them.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts