15 Better-Than-Takeout Pizza Recipes
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Sometimes there is nothing better than a night spent at home watching movies and eating pizza. Especially now that the weather is becoming a bit cooler, staying in seems to more appealing than ever. But why wait for a pizza delivery when they are so easy (and more delicious) to make at home?
The Cook editors at The Daily Meal love making homemade pizza. The toppings and choices are endless and using store-bought pizza dough makes it quick and simple. This week we put the Culinary Content Network and our staff to the test to come up with homemade pizza recipes that rival takeout. Here are some of the submissions.[slideshow:
- Christine Ma from Cherry on My Sundae turned pizza into breakfast with bacon and a fried egg. Ma is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
- Peter Block of Feed Your Soul 2 shared with us his recipe for Creole Pizza, which is topped with a spicy sauce and Andouille sausage. Block is a member of the Culinary Content Network.
- The winner this week is Haley Willard, associate editor at The Daily Meal. Haley’s Presto Pesto Pizza is a healthier alternative made with whole-wheat dough.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
Emily Jacobs is the Recipe editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @EmilyRecipes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts