15 Best Italian Restaurants in America
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Yes, Starbucks Does Impact the Real Estate Market, and Here’s Why
- Embattled McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson Steps Down after Difficult Year
- Christina Tosi is Opening a Milk Bar Pop-Up in Madison Square Park
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
From The Daily Meal's list of the 101 Best Restaurants in America for 2012, here are the restaurants specializing in Italian cuisine that were chosen by our illustrious panel of judges.
In the landscape of the American dining scene over the past few years Italian cuisine has reached a notable level of nationwide trendiness. That's not to say that Italian food hasn't been widely popular in America for decades, it certainly has — but recently, a significant percentange of the hottest and trendiest restaurants, markets, shops, and food trucks are celebrating Italy's culinary offerings.
The Italian restaurants that made the list this year range from the more iconic standards of the cuisine in this country, like Valentino in Santa Monica, Calif., and Spiaggia (pictured right) in Chicago, to the more recent innovators like Flour + Water in San Francisco and Locanda Verde in New York City.
The selection also runs the gamut with regards to price point and formality. There are casual standbys like Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven, Conn., which would claim a spot on every "best pizza" list out there, and coveted fine dining establishments, like the four-star Del Posto or Babbo (pictured above) in New York City.
Take a look through this collection of the best Italian restaurants across the country and then head over to the complete 101 list to see those restaurants The Daily Meal deemed the best of 2012.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts