15 Arrested for Food Truck Scam
Recipe of the day
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
Looks like people were trying to get in on the food truck business without any food; 15 people were arrested in Miami for using lunch trucks to stage auto accidents.
From these accidents, they claimed $800,000 in property damage and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) from insurance.
CBS reports that between 2008 and 2010, the food truck ring staged more than a dozen accidents; no word on whether the trucks were actually ever serving food.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts