- Taco Day
15 Arrested for Food Truck Scam
Recipe of the day
- Feinstein’s/ 54 Below: A Rollicking Good Time Below Studio 54
- McDonald’s Revamps Its Build-Your-Own-Burger Program After Finding It ‘Did Not Resonate with Consumers’
- OpenTable Will Soon Charge Upwards of $100 to Guarantee a Seat at Popular Dining Spots
- The 25 Best Cheeseburgers in America
- Jamie Oliver’s Italian Restaurant Chain Is Accused of Unfair Tipping Practices
Looks like people were trying to get in on the food truck business without any food; 15 people were arrested in Miami for using lunch trucks to stage auto accidents.
From these accidents, they claimed $800,000 in property damage and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) from insurance.
CBS reports that between 2008 and 2010, the food truck ring staged more than a dozen accidents; no word on whether the trucks were actually ever serving food.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts