14-Year-Old Chef Launching $160-per-Plate Pop-Up Dinner
Recipe of the day
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Looks like preteen hot shot chef Flynn McGarry isn't petering out anytime soon; the now 14-year-old chef (he made national headlines at 13) is reportedly hosting his pop-up restaurant Eureka in Los Angeles' Austrian restaurant Bierbeisl.
McGarry, who has interned under Grant Achatz at Next and at Modernist Cuisine's Food Lab, not to mention Eleven Madison Park under Daniel Humm, launched Eureka in its early stages in his own house. The monthly supper club served 20 guests a tasting menu of "progressive American cuisine," his website says, from eight to 12 courses.
For this upcoming project at Bierbeisl, LAist reports that McGarry will serve up a winter menu of "snacks," eight courses, and desserts from guest pastry chef Josh Graves (Ray's and Stark Bar). The pop-up takes place Jan. 30 with two seatings, one at 7 p.m. and another at 8 p.m., and dinners are $160 a head. It might be a tad bit pricey, but hey, you'll be eating food from a Achatz-Humm-trained chef, who is only the ripe old age of 14. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts