14-Year-Old Chef Launching $160-per-Plate Pop-Up Dinner
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
Looks like preteen hot shot chef Flynn McGarry isn't petering out anytime soon; the now 14-year-old chef (he made national headlines at 13) is reportedly hosting his pop-up restaurant Eureka in Los Angeles' Austrian restaurant Bierbeisl.
McGarry, who has interned under Grant Achatz at Next and at Modernist Cuisine's Food Lab, not to mention Eleven Madison Park under Daniel Humm, launched Eureka in its early stages in his own house. The monthly supper club served 20 guests a tasting menu of "progressive American cuisine," his website says, from eight to 12 courses.
For this upcoming project at Bierbeisl, LAist reports that McGarry will serve up a winter menu of "snacks," eight courses, and desserts from guest pastry chef Josh Graves (Ray's and Stark Bar). The pop-up takes place Jan. 30 with two seatings, one at 7 p.m. and another at 8 p.m., and dinners are $160 a head. It might be a tad bit pricey, but hey, you'll be eating food from a Achatz-Humm-trained chef, who is only the ripe old age of 14. Email email@example.com for reservations.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts