12 Portable Pies to Try
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Few things are more comforting during the colder months of the year than the marriage of savory flavors and flaky pastry. The humble pie comes in many forms — there’s the fully-encased-in-pastry chicken pot pie, crusted open-faced pie like quiche, and even pies without a crust or pastry shell at all, like shepherd’s pie — but some of the best to try are savory hand-held pies. Many countries have their own versions; The Daily Meal has sampled savory handheld pies around the world and has compiled a dozen portable pies to try.
Whether eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a snack, savory pies have become a staple to stave off hunger.
No matter your portable pie of choice, one aspect is universal —these 12 pies are perfect on-the-go pockets of doughy, flavorful goodness. No fork required.
Tayler Stein is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TaylerSteinTDM.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts