11 Human Foods That Are Bad for Dogs
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
All pet owners know that when it comes to sharing your life with a dog, it is sort of like having a child. After all, your furry friends really become your furry family in the time you are together. You share evening walks and lazy Sunday mornings. You bond at parks and even treat them to birthday treats on their special day. Your home is their home. And all pet owners, no matter how fervently they deny it, even share a little bite from their dinner plates with their pets.
While some extra treats are just fine for begging dogs, did you know that some of your table scraps can be extremely harmful, or even deadly, to Fido if ingested? Some of the most typical, everyday foods that humans enjoy on a regular basis are actually lethal when consumed by animals. Now of course, sneaking table scraps isn’t the only way dogs can get a hold of such toxic stuff. Tenacious puppies that are guilty of "counter surfing" and picking from the garbage can turn bad behavior into a deadly accident
In an effort to keep your puppy safe, we compiled a list using the FDA, ASPCA, and other dog rescue sites to make a list of some of the deadliest or most harmful foods a dog can encounter. If you are going to be away from home for an extended period of time, be sure to keep these foods way out of a curious puppy’s reach.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts